PRE AND POST CARE
• Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
• Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
• Discontinue any Vitamin “A” skin care product (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure.
**I recommend NOT using these products over or around the brow area after you receive Microblading. It could cause fading and distortion of hairstrokes.**
• Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the brow area at least one week prior to your procedure.
• No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
• Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
• No Botox or fillers in the procedure area at least 2 weeks prior and after.
• If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment.
• Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
• Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
• If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
• It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
• If you have an ideal shape and color in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
• You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
• If you have existing cosmetic tattooing, you need to email email@example.com with clear photos of your brows for approval BEFORE booking your appointment.
**If you don’t take into account these instructions and we need to cancel your appointment day of, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of $100
Please be realistic with your brow expectations, although symmetry is always our goal, no one's face is 100% perfectly symmetrical. IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR EYEBROWS TO BE PERFECT MIRROR IMAGES OF ONE ANOTHER, you've heard the saying "brows are sisters, not twins", that applies here too.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE HEALING PROCESS?
***READ THIS THOROUGHLY*** A COMPLETE AFTERCARE FORM IS ATTACHED BELOW. REVIEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT PLEASE.
Healing can be a very hard process for some. Everyone's skin is different. Although eyebrow Microblading is effective in most cases, no guarantee can be made that everyone will benefit from the procedure. Microblading heals about 30-50% lighter than the initial service. If you have very dark hair, please know the pigment may heal lighter than your natural hair color. Generally, the results are excellent but it very much depends on your skin texture, oiliness, and aftercare. There are many factors that could affect your healing.
Your new Microbladed eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
1. FIRST- The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. Your brow area may be slightly swollen and your brows may look/feel slightly larger. While some are ok with this, some have a very hard time - Just breathe, give it time and trust the process.
2. NEXT – The color of the pigment will soften gradually, for some, the pigment may seem to disappear. Again, just breathe and trust the process. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab, as this is excess pigment and/or lymph exiting the skin. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally sloughed from your eyebrows. Your brows may develop some undesirable scabbing. DO NOT PICK! I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT PICK.
3. AFTERCARE – Although I will give you a thorough aftercare form with strict instructions for you to follow, I want to mention a few things here, so you are prepared. Your brows cannot get wet for the first 24 hours after the procedure (no water – sink, shower, pool, ocean- no sweat, steam, no moisture at all). After the first 24 hours you can wash your brows up to twice a day with a mild soup. You will be spending a lot more time washing your face for the first week. You’ll be washing your face with cotton wipes, pads, or washcloths, very carefully for the first 7 days. You are not to apply make-up to your brows until they are completely healed – at least 4 weeks. Once completely healed (at the 4-week mark), I recommend applying a layer of sunscreen (SPF 30 up to SPF 50) on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the pigment to fade quickly.
*Plan accordingly, please allow at the very least a week if you have an event or special occasion coming up!
DOES EVERYONE NEED A TOUCH-UP?
MICROBLADING IS CONSIDERED A "TWO STEP" PROCEDURE. FOR THE MOST PART, EVERYONE WILL NEED A TOUCH-UP OR PERFECTING APPOINTMENT.
The second session of microblading or the touch-up/perfecting session is recommended 6-8 weeks after initial procedure and is included already in your rate. Book your touch-up/perfecting appointment no sooner than 6 weeks after your initial Microblading appointment and no longer than 12 weeks.
Please note again that everyone’s skin is different and will experience different results with this cosmetic tattooing procedure when it comes to retention. Additional touch-ups may be necessary (but only the first touch-up, at 6 to 12 weeks from initial procedure, is included in initial price). If additional touch-ups are needed, there will be a charge. If you wait past the 12-week mark for your first touch-up, there will be a charge - see price list below. There will be no exceptions. **Clients are responsible for booking their own touch-ups**
Microblading is “Not” Recommended for Everyone" – Please Read Contraindications Carefully (If any of the following apply to you, this procedure is not recommended.
• Extremely oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead (pigment may not retain properly-they may fade quickly or strokes will appear fuzzy and blurred).
• Dark/solid existing permanent makeup (laser tattoo removal may be necessary). Microblading can “NOT” be done immediately after cosmetic tattoo removal, you must wait at least 8 weeks.
• PREVIOUS COSMETIC BROW TATTOOING, SEND AN EMAIL TO INFO@SHERRISTUDIOS.COM FOR. APPROVAL BEFORE BOOKING, THIS IS FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR BROWS!
• Auto-immune disease
• Diabetes type 1 and 2 (color may not retain well due to slow healing and possible infection)
• Thyroid problems (medication may cause lack of pigment retention)
• Pregnant or nursing (cannot have treatment done- No Exceptions)
• History of Keloid or Hypertrophic Scarring.
Please Note: *Even if none of these apply, the procedure cannot be guaranteed due to the fact that it is a cosmetic procedure and the skin is unpredictable* Generally results are successful, however due to skin type, healing, aftercare, and bleeding during the procedure the results and differ